On Dec 5, 2007 11:36 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eric,
>    For this discussion I will use MC for monitoring console (aka
> client), and agent for mrc-server. It is possible to use 3 G instances
> (I used this method until GERONIMO-3660). G1 with MC on remote or local
> m/c, G2 with agent on local m/c, and G3 the instance to be monitored.
> This is the ideal solution but will be most difficult to implement
> efficiently. The advantage is that the instance to be monitored is not
> corrupted in any way.
>      The second option is to use 2 G instances. G1 with MC on remote or
> local m/c, G2 the instance to be monitored. The agent is loaded in G2.
> This is what we have now. we need to reduce DB activity. We can improve
> upon this as we go.
>     The TimeSatistics has 4 values named count, max, min and totaltime.
> The graph treats count as the current value of time. This is because
> the information that it is a TimeStatistics is lost in the DB. All four
> values appear as separate statistics, and the graph would draw each one
> separately as value, min, max! The same is true for
> BoundedRangeStatistics. A single graph should show all 5 values.
> More inline..
The current implementation only allows for one statistic to be shown
at a time on a graph, but if you wanted to have the max or min
statistics that could be easily obtained since those numbers are
there. I think allowing the admin to graph all 4 values on the same
graph is a very useful feature and should definitely be added;
However, this is not necessarily a stop ship issue.