--- Viet Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007 11:36 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Eric,
> >    For this discussion I will use MC for monitoring console (aka
> > client), and agent for mrc-server. It is possible to use 3 G
> instances
> > (I used this method until GERONIMO-3660). G1 with MC on remote or
> local
> > m/c, G2 with agent on local m/c, and G3 the instance to be
> monitored.
> > This is the ideal solution but will be most difficult to implement
> > efficiently. The advantage is that the instance to be monitored is
> not
> > corrupted in any way.
> >      The second option is to use 2 G instances. G1 with MC on
> remote or
> > local m/c, G2 the instance to be monitored. The agent is loaded in
> G2.
> > This is what we have now. we need to reduce DB activity. We can
> improve
> > upon this as we go.
> >     The TimeSatistics has 4 values named count, max, min and
> totaltime.
> > The graph treats count as the current value of time. This is
> because
> > the information that it is a TimeStatistics is lost in the DB. All
> four
> > values appear as separate statistics, and the graph would draw each
> one
> > separately as value, min, max! The same is true for
> > BoundedRangeStatistics. A single graph should show all 5 values.
> > More inline..
> The current implementation only allows for one statistic to be shown
> at a time on a graph, but if you wanted to have the max or min
> statistics that could be easily obtained since those numbers are
> there. I think allowing the admin to graph all 4 values on the same
> graph is a very useful feature and should definitely be added;
> However, this is not necessarily a stop ship issue.

    Perhaps I am not making it clear. The graph that is shown as
requestTime for tomcatWebConnector is incorrect. The value returned by
tomcat is count not time. We need to have different methods to generate
graphs for TimeStatistics, RangeStatistics, and BoundedRangeStatistics.

Thanks
Anita

> > --- "Erik B. Craig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Anita,
> > > You mentioned that the collecting agent running within the same
> jvm
> > > (I.E. under a Geronimo instance being monitored as a plugin) is
> an
> > > issue due to resource consumption... however I am unsure what a
> good
> > >
> > > alternative approach would be? Are you suggesting we have a
> separate
> > >
> > > instance of G to monitor a target instance? Or are you suggesting
> > > that
> > > the mrc-server be a standalone java app that runs in it's own
> JVM?
> >
> >     This is a possibility too..
> > >
> > > Currently the graph builder will plot any data being grabbed as
> > > snapshots in any method defined by the user. In the current graph
> > > creation page, the user has the option to differentiate between
> raw
> > > count vs. count/time or even count/some other count. There are a
> lot
> > >
> > > of options configurable by the user.
> >     When I added ErrorCount and ErrorCount/sec graphs to a single
> view,
> > The other views got corrupted. This is a minor issue and can be
> easily
> > fixed.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >

> > > Additionally... do you have an example of the graphs for
> > > TimeStatistics or BoundedRangeStatistics being wrong/how they are
> > > wrong?

> > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.