Don't think the intent was to kill everything, it is more a matter of
ensuring what we host is maintained.

BatchEE is quite late behind the spec so worth a discussion IMHO but if
there are plans to make it evolving and maintained no issue to keep it.
To be transparent one concern I have is that we don't address the PR and
user feedbacks quite well so thought it was abandonned (
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-batchee/pull/7,
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-batchee/pull/12 which can be worth a
release, etc).

The other big topic we have is about Microprofile.
The original enthusiasm got quite killed for the original people by the
governance and policies so here again we need to ensure we have some
ownership and projects are living, in particular when the main consumer
(tomee) is moving to smallrye.

Once again, the goal is not to drop everything but ensure users can rely on
the projects and projects are living.
Since we are an umbrella projects, I - maybe naively - assume we have to GC
from time to time and these discussions are only about that, no strong will
to kill anything in any case from my window.

Romain Manni-Bucau