On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 5:42 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 7:57 PM Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> >> I think the new versioning scheme still seems sensible, but following
> >> 1.1.0
> >> I suggest we consider whether we should adopt a branching scheme like you
> >> mentioned before. It would be nice to rely on being able to always produce
> >> bugfix/minor releases without breaking compatibility.
> >

> > Agreed, and, until we do handle the branching scheme, we need to be
> > looking really close at any commits we make to insure that we're not
> > Introducing changes that will impact compatibility, or, if we do, that
> > we're introducing the necessary changes to keep things
> > backward-compatible.  Just something for all committers to be aware of at
> > this point.
> >

> >> Our issues with producing a release following 1.0.0 are more with the
> >> current existence of an incompatible change on master (and the upgrade
> >> headache that implies for any users affected by bugs in 1.0.0), not with
> >> the numbering.
> >

> > Sounds good.
> >
> > -Nick
> >

> So, I think we've probably had enough time to at least catch the biggest
> bugs in 1.0.0 and get those into JIRA, and I think many of those have been
> squashed.  Are we good fixing 1.1.0 release at the following list of issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE/versions/12343049
>
> And moving forward with the release?  By this list we have 17 issues
> needing to be finished up prior to cutting the release.  There are several
> PRs waiting for reviews to be finished up - any of the committers who can
> jump on and do reviews, your help would be greatly appreciated!

+1

> Any others that we think should get added to the next version?

I'd suggest also including:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-696 - "Apply database
groups if authenticated user matches database user"

and:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-715 - "Permission
management based on LDAP groups not working as documented"

Both of which are issues encountered with the new user group support
following release of 1.0.0. The former is a point of confusion which
has resulted in a few threads on the mailing list, while the latter is
a legitimate bug in the way delegated authentication is handled by the
database auth (it still assumes there will be a corresponding database
user).

I'd also say let's add the FreeRDP 2.0.0 support to the scope, and try
to buckle down and get it done. It's becoming increasingly critical,
particularly for downstream Linux distributions that wish to drop
support for older FreeRDP releases. I think I should be able to manage
it within February:

- Mike