I have been reviewing the licensing of ppport.h.  It is generated header
file from Devel::PPPort - Perl/Pollution/Portability (
http://search.cpan.org/~wolfsage/Devel-PPPort-3.32/PPPort.pm).  The file
came to us from the original PostgreSQL source code base.  Interestingly,
there is this note on the project page:

How to use ppport.h

Don't direct the users of your module to download Devel::PPPort. They are
most probably no XS writers. Also, don't make ppport.h optional. Rather,
just take the most recent copy of ppport.h that you can find (e.g. by
generating it with the latest Devel::PPPort release from CPAN), copy it
into your project, adjust your project to use it, and distribute the header
along with your module.

Is it possible this file can be an exception under the following jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-79?

I also noticed the Apache HTTP Request Library (
http://httpd.apache.org/apreq) project also ships with it's own ppport.h
file generated in a similar way (
https://github.com/apache/apreq/blob/trunk/glue/perl/xsbuilder/ppport.h).

@Roman or @Justin, can you provide some guidance on how to proceed with