> Personally, I suggest that whoever was managing the library in a separate repo
on GH (and it sounds like Zhanwei Wang is that person) pings the submitters
of all the oustanding PRs (via comment on the PR) telling them to resubmit
via HAWQ's JIRA.

I 100% disagree with this. As a gesture of appreciation - we should be
migrating things for the users, precisely for what you pointed out about
things being poorly managed up to this point. We should be striving to
avoid a fork + isolated development at all costs.

If a few of us divide and conquer this can be tackled very quickly. Who is
willing to chip in here and do something "out of job scope" in support of
the HAWQ community? It's easy to claim we care about open source and
community, but who is actually willing to go out of their way to do whats
right here?

--
*Kyle Dunn | Data Engineering | Pivotal*
Direct: 303.905.3171 <3039053171> | Email: kd...@pivotal.io