> Now, that is NOT to say that when you DO release you shouldn't be producing
> multiple source tarballs. That's more than appropriate and will give your
> users
> maximum benefit on both HAWQ and libhdfs3 side of things.

Release separated tarball for libhdfs3 would be much better for libhdfs3 users
to access the code.

> you guys can't quite master the release process yet. Splitting the project
> into multiple repos will only make it worse. Master the release mechanics
> and then we can talk about multiple repos.

HAWQ has got enough difficulties for its release. I agree with you that we
separate repository for libhdfs3 after HAWQ establish the release process. And
when it is done, the result is good to both ASF and libhdfs3’s users.

Best Regards

Zhanwei Wang
wan...@apache.org