> > Positively ignore the frustration of libhdfs3 users and about to delete
> it’s repository.
>
> I don't think the frustration is related to whether we delete it or not, I
> think
> the frustration is related to the fact the current model of libhdfs3
> living in a
> random, separate GH repo:
>    1. does NOT have a clear governance model: the bigger ASF community
> doesn't
>    really monitor pull request, there's not clear way of filing issues
> against it, etc.
>
>    2. does NOT have a clear release policy: last release appears to be
> Dec 17, 2015
>    and even that doesn't clearly indicate what was the release criteria
> for it.
>
>    3. does NOT have a clear path of integration with HAWQ.

Speaking just for myself here actually I care much less about the points
above than you might think.  I don't need libhdfs3 to be governed by the
ASF to find it useful.  I don't mind packaging up and using unreleased
versions.  I don't care that it isn't integrated with HAWQ (in fact, I
somewhat prefer that it remains separate).  I *do *prefer that it lives in
a separate repository on GitHub.

I don't mean to be contrarian here, just clarifying where I can clarify.
My situation/priorities may not be representative.