On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 23:41 -0400, Francisco Carriedo Scher wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been a user of the HTTP Apache client for years and contributing to
> an open source project is in my want-to-do list for some time now.
>
> Currently, I am looking for a mentor as my intention would be to
> follow the mentoring
> program <http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html>, as this
> would be my first contribution to open source and to the ASF and I looks to
> me like worth it to spend some time learning about the right way of
> contributing.
>
> The project is of my personal interest, I would like to learn from
> collaborating on it as much as possible, as well as trying to provide some
> valuable input too and contributing back to the open source community,
> specially to this project, that has served me as a great tool!
>
> My understanding is that this is a big effort even re-using as much as
> possible the parts from HTTP 1.0/1.1 and will include working in several
> parts, not only coding: documentation, examples, updating website...
>
> Looking forward to hearing from somebody willing to mentor me and proposing
> an entry point for this my first open source project.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time!
>
> Francisco

Hi Francisco

Given that your main interest is in HTTP/2 that probably leaves me as
the only potential mentor. Unfortunately I have no bandwidth left to
commit myself to a full fledged mentoring program. I am sorry.

Having said that if you are willing to start contributing to the project
I am sure I can think of some HTTP/2 related development tasks that you
could contribute to. I'll find time to review your patches and commit
them.

Oleg