I read through the response on the stackoverflow and from what I know
the crux of the Helix framework appears to be 'Automation of
Declarative State Management for Clustered Resources' ... now isn't
that a mouth-full :-)

I think any other capability with scaling etc is add-on to the core
competency of Helix.