Definitely a framework.  A framework provides (and imposes) structure and
gives you a working solution.  A toolkit has building blocks, but you're
on your own to put them together.

Consider adding either of these modifiers, though that might weaken the
message because of whatever we omit from the modifier list:

Helix - A framework for reliable distributed systems development
Helix - A framework for scalable distributed systems development

- Bob