On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

--On Sunday, August 15, 2004 7:30 PM -0700 "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I thought the 8K limit was a compile-time constant.

<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestfieldsize>

8190 is just our default. HTH. -- justin

But note that you can't raise it from the config-file default without recompiling to change the compile-time default (DEFAULT_LIMIT_REQUEST_FIELDSIZE) which is also 8k.

It might make sense to increase the compile-time default while retaining 8k as the config-file default. (But this would probably require changing the name of the constant to avoid confusing people.)

Joshua.