Joe Orton wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 02:03:59PM +0100, Steffen wrote:

Build with no issue here on Windows, except mod_authn_db and dmod_dbd.

In the change log:

*) Add mod_authn_dbd (SQL-based  authentication) [Nick Kew]

I agree with Jesse:
2.2.0 should not go out the door until we can build mod_authn_db and
mod_dbd on windows.

It's pretty silly for anybody to suddenly wake up and declare some
random bug as a showstopper for 2.2.  Nobody has cared enough about the
problem to fix it in the six months and four(?) 2.1.x alpha/beta
releases that mod_dbd has been in the tree.  So it clearly isn't really
very critical to anybody, and isn't showstopper material.

As I noted in my previous e-mail, I was over-reacting as I did not understand this module was simply not part of the build on Windows yet.

Steffan's thoughts may be quite different than mine on this matter, but I'd say go ahead and go for 2.2.0 if this is the biggest issue out there.  [I'm much more concerned about authentication against multiple LDAPs than anything else in the authentication arena.]

--
Jess Holle