On 09/24/2007 10:55 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On 9/24/07, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> 1. I would use strcasecmp instead of strcmp to avoid case issues in the
>> config.
>
> sure; FWIW, some other format string comparisons are not case
> insignificant, but those can be checked for in the fullness of time

Thanks for the pointer. I checked it and AFAICT the situation is as follows:

1. Access to headers, notes and env variables is case insensitve as apr_tables
keys
   are case insensitive.

2. Cookie logging is case sensitive and IMHO needs to be as I think that case
matters
   for cookie names.

3. Time formating is case sensitive and needs to be.

4. Process id / Thread id logging is case sensitive and very similar to the
port case
   here, but I see no reason for it being case sensitive.

So I think we should handle similar situations the same. So if you exchange
strcmp
in your patch with strcasecmp we should do the same afterwards for the process
id case
(I can do this). If we want to stick with strcmp in the process id case we
should stick
with strcmp in the port case.

Regards

Rüdiger