On 19.09.2011 01:37, Rich Bowen wrote:

>>> Not sure about socache, but docs are definitely needed, because you need
>>> socache for mod_ssl session cache (which we also need to mention int the
>>> mod_ssl docs).
>>
>> These modules are implementations of an abstraction, and probably
>> don't want standard module pages.  Like mod_proxy_foo backends.
>
> Excellent. I wondered if they were in that category. The list was produced
> from a simple grep. I'll remove those from my list, and see if I can find any
> that I missed, or which are new since I made the original list.

I think we need to add to the mod_ssl docs, that if you want an ssl
session cache (and yes, you want one although most modern clients
support reusing the session without caching session data on the server
side - it's a TLS extension OpenSSL/mod_ssl supports), you need to
activate mod_socache_xxx where xxx depends on the SSLSessionCache you
configure (maybe we need a table or similar). There is a short remark on
the socache page, that it is used by other modules, but a user would
expect a remark in the pages of the other mdules, that you need to
activate the correct socache module.

Regards,

Rainer