----- Original Message -----
> Hi dev@,
> I've gotten my paws all over mod_lua as of late, trying to find ways
> expand the module to be more useful. In doing so, I have created a
> small
> library which binds several httpd core functions (and some from apr)
> Lua, so as to both gain more control over httpd via mod_lua as well
> as
> gain access to some of the many useful components included in our
> server
> by default.
>
> The library, and its reference docs can be found at
> http://people.apache.org/~humbedooh/lua_ap/ and while it's easy to
> just
> compile it and thus use its functions, I was thinking maybe we should
> include some of them as core functions in mod_lua itself.

Hi Daniel,

thank you very much for your hard work and this one especially.

Here are some thoughts of mine after a quick glance:

Right now, is your library meant to be linked with mod_lua
or does it work with LoadFile?

If you were planning to integrate it into the httpd project,
would you as above, or would it become part of mod_lua?
(From what I gather, it wouldn't make mod_lua more "bloated")

Finally, I'd like to say that all the httpd stuff is probably
fine, the APR stuff though is a) Not namespaced as apr, and
might be misplaced. I'm probably not competent enough to comment
on this one, though.

> Specifically,
> I am leaning towards functions such as the flush function (for
> flushing
> the output buffer) and possibly either the base64 encode/decode
> functions or the get_basic_auth_pw function, so mod_lua has access to
> both username and password in its auth hooks without having to
> reinvent
> the wheel. This would also make it easier to write example scripts
> for
> many of our hooks.
>
> Other functions might be useful to include as well, so if any of you
> have some free time to explore the reference document, please have a
> look at the possibilities, and if you spot something you think would
> be
> useful as a core function, please reply and let me know.
>
> For an example of what you _could_ do with mod_lua, I have used this
> library to recreate mod_status in Lua, at
> http://www.apaste.info/server-status/
>
> Other possibilities like making a Lua version of mod_vhost_alias
> (which
> could be expanded upon and do complex logic) also exist, but they
> don't
> show very well since they run in the background

I cannot seem to be able to find this stuff…

> With regards,
> Daniel.

That's all from me, thank you again for your hard work, Daniel

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.ga...@brainsware.org