On 08/06/2012 12:17 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Sunday 05 August 2012, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 08/03/2012 04:51 PM, Igor Galić wrote:
>>> I cannot seem to be able to find this stuff…
>>
>> I have put together some of the scripts I use myself at
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/lua.html but it's far
>> from done (and thus not linked to from any index page). Most of
>> the scripts are there, but I have yet to add actual explanations
>> to the various examples as well as add the map handler examples
>> and some other things.
>>
>> This page also holds all the functions that I have proposed to
>> import into mod_lua (unless someone objects to specific
>> functions), so this should answer Eric's question about
>> documenting the functions as well.
>>
>> I have chosen to add the functions to the existing apache2 library,
>> since the name makes sense. If there are no objections, I'll
>> consider it a lazy consensus :)
>
> Nice work. If you talk about the "existing apache2 library", you mean
> it is existing in mod_lua? Or is it an external file?
>
> There is some overlap with the r table: These already exist:
>
> apache2.context_document_root
> apache2.context_prefix
> apache2.add_output_filter
>
> These can be done wit r.subprocess_env:
>
> apache2.getenv
> apache2.setenv
>
> (though subprocess_env could use an abbreviation). I may have missed
> some others.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to add those new functions which are really
> related to the request (as opposed to just using the request pool) to
> the r table, too?
>
> Some other random notes:
>
> apache2.requestbody: This should take a size limit as argument.
>
> apache2.get_server_name: The example and the synopsis don't agree if
> this should have an argument
>
> apache2.get_server_name_for_url: This is missing but would be very
> useful.
>
> apache2.satisfies: This is obsolete, and should IMHO be removed.
>
> apache2.getenv/setenv: call them "request environment variable" in the
> docs, to distinguish from OS environment variables
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

Yes, you caught some thing that I should have mentioned.

The redundant functions you mentioned have been scrapped, it is simply
because I'm generating the source for the xml doc via xslt, and I
haven't gotten around to change the original xml file just yet (I've
been painting :3). I'll get some sleep and fix up the docs tomorrow,
including some mislabelled return values and parameters. As stated, this
is a work in progress.

As for the requestbody, satisfies etc functions, it's been noted and
I'll see to it that they get changed/removed/fixed before I start
committing anything.

With regards,
Daniel.