Jim wrote below:

What, exactly, are the expected differences between trunk and 2.5.0-alpha?

I could not find the answer in this (long) thread ?

Steffen

On Sunday 05/11/2017 at 14:31, Jim Jagielski  wrote:

On Nov 4, 2017, at 6:03 AM, Steffen <i...@apachelounge.com> wrote:

Soon we have:

branches 2.4.x
trunk
2.5.0-alpha
patches/2.4.x
patches/trunk

Please a procedure:  where and when do we apply patches/fixes.

IMO, the ones w/ the LEAST clarity are the ones related to
2.5.0-alpha.

What, exactly, are the expected differences between trunk and 2.5.0-alpha?

I think it would make sense for those who are driving and championing
these events to have some formal, written roadmap available to avoid
confusion and the inevitable arguments/discussions that lack-of-clarity
incurs.