If we get a more automated release process and more frequent releases out of
this, for all branches, I am happy.

That is in no way to be understood as a critic on the many times Jim has done
the RMing.

I am curious to learn what will happen to trunk in regards to this and what ABI
breaking goodness people will create. If this goes very wild, people like me
who have their heads on the 2.4.x line can always create a 2.4-dev branch for
cooperation.

Cheers,

Stefan

PS. FTR: I miss jchampions presence with a focus on test improvements. The sole
thing that gives stability to releases, in my experience.