On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Personally, I think it is bad form to hold off on a back port
> for a feature that only 1 person really, really "demanded"
> and then not do anything to add that functionality in.
>
> So I say YES, we SHOULD vote on this as-is and stop
> hamstringing efforts to add this functionality to 2.4.x

Or, it is bad form to introduce features and then force some
config-changes on users after the 'experimental' phase, which
isn't even proposed, in this case.

We want to be pretty strict about config changes, and the
suggested white > black list behavior based on the core
enable directive would cause 2.4.x "maintenance" users
(using that term very loosely) to potentially change their
config, which I consider rude. But not everyone here has
to agree with me /shrug