> Am 02.02.2018 um 15:50 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:
>
> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:44 PM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 02.02.2018 um 15:42 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:

>>> I don't know what "easier ways" you are thinking about, the one
>>> proposed here is not that complicated IMO.
>>> In any case the method we are currently using in mod_proxy_lb *is*
>>> changing accross restarts, mainly because of the line number.
>>> What if you add/remove a line before the <VirtualHost>?
>>> At least for graceful restarts, I think it shall not change, SHMs
>>> should be reused.
>>
>> Is it a hash across the config record of a server what would give
>> the desired behaviour?
>
> Yes, a hash using the minimal (IP[:port])* + ServerName, which is what
> matters to select a vhost in the first place (maybe it's missing
> ServerAlias), and what's done in this patch.
> Should two vhosts have the same hash, only the first one will ever
> handle requests.

So, for my understanding, what we are looking for it:

const char * ap_get_server_id(server_rec *s);

that gives a string usable as a file name which does not change
unless the given server has "changed"? And the distinction of
what exactly is the "change", we probably can argue millenia
about?

-Stefan