Hi Stefan,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Am 11.04.2018 um 22:24 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 7:54 PM, Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is mod_md expected to work for vhosts without "SSLEngine on/optional"
>>> configured explicitly?  Didn't get a clear answer to this before.
>>
>> Dunno, but wouldn't be worried to much is that were a new requirement
>> for it to work explicitely.
>
> I think mod_md will survive if mod_ssl switches off the new flag. mod_md
> itself however uses it and needs the functionality.

I think it was less about AP_MODULE_FLAG_ALWAYS_MERGE than whether
mod_md should work/handle (or not) for vhosts switched from SSLEngine
"undef" to "on" implicitely (i.e. the ssl_init_Module() code patched
by Joe), than .

My opinion is that if it did work in 2.4.33 (but wouldn't anymore
after the patch), it's not really an issue because mod_md is
experimental still and, more importantly, you like things to be said
explicitly :)