> Am 08.09.2020 um 08:27 schrieb Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>:

>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> a) without making the complete requests, but a special one that knows how
>>> to fail? Go for it!
>>
>> How about https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/137 ?
>

> Any feedback or comments?

Sorry about the delay, my inbox in unhealthy these days.

Had a quick look. My read: it looks like a good approach. The request still
needs to be processed in a worker, but that should be very light and fast. I
was first confused by the "early_http_status" term as there is the "103 early
hints" intermediate response code stuck in my brain. Maybe we should just call
it http_status and have a HTTP_NEEDS_FURTHER_PROCESSING (0) in our server.

Stefan