> Am 08.09.2020 um 21:11 schrieb Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>:
>

> On 9/8/20 9:22 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:

>>> Any feedback or comments?
>>
>> Sorry about the delay, my inbox in unhealthy these days.
>
> No problem. Even more thanks then for taking time for a review.

Thanks for improving this.

>> Had a quick look. My read: it looks like a good approach. The request still
>> needs to be processed in a worker, but that should be very light and fast. I
>> was first confused by the "early_http_status" term as there is the "103
>> early hints" intermediate response code stuck in my brain. Maybe we should
>> just call it http_status and have a HTTP_NEEDS_FURTHER_PROCESSING (0) in our
>> server.
>
> Updated the PR and renamed early_http_status to http_status.
> What do you mean with / what is the purpose of HTTP_NEEDS_FURTHER_PROCESSING?
> Should http_status be initialized with this define
> or do you want to replace conditions of the type (http_status) with
> (http_status != HTTP_NEEDS_FURTHER_PROCESSING)?
> At what place should we define it? In h2.h?

Just a thought that 0 could indicate that the http status has not been
determined yet (default) or in case of an early error the code to return. Which
then prevents further processing. The name for such a value was not entirely
serious. We could just check on != 0.

Cheers, Stefan