Regarding my proposal to add SSL related inquiry functions to our core server,
here
is a patch for the "ssl_is_https()" function. This allows:

a) anyone to inquire about a connections SSLiness without the optional function
retrieval.
   It will itself call such a function provided by a module. So this should
make anyone
   using the new ap_ssl_is_ssl(c) remain compatible to existing ssl modules.
b) provide a hook to ssl modules where they can register to inform about
connections they manage.
c) allow old modules that use the existing optional functions to work when
everyone uses the new hook.

If I got this right, of course. Feedback very much appreciated.

Cheers, Stefan