On 8/30/2021 3:53 PM, Christophe JAILLET wrote:
> Le 30/08/2021 à 13:53, Eric Covener a écrit :
>> On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 7:36 AM ste...@eissing.org
>> <ste...@eissing.org> wrote:
>>> In what state is our release handling? Given someone holding my
>>> hand, could I do it? Or is it better to look someone over the
>>> shoulder while he does it?
>> If there is an over-the-shoulder session I would like to tag along.  I
>> am flexible on time of day but I am GMT+4 (EDT).  I can host on webex.
>> Otherwise if you just want to struggle through it I can tag along but
>> I have no experience.
> I can give another try with my limited experience.
> I definitively would like to add a --dry-run option for all scripts so
> that they can be run for learning purpose without the fear of
> un-expected impact on svn.

FWIW, the announce.sh script which collates all the security "stuff" and
sends the announce emails drops the user to a shell to inspect/examine
what WILL happen before actually doing anything. Any non-zero return
code of that shell will abort the process. I used the heck out of that
several times :-)

> Existing scripts are not that easy to read at first, but are
> understanbdable and following
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html#how-to-do-a-release helps a
> lot. The scripts should also be tweaked because of the latest changes
> in several places (at least web site update (now on github) and CVE
> announcement (if any) now that part of the process is handled elsewhere).


To my knowledge, the publishing of the site and overhaul of the new CVE
process are the things requiring updates.

Daniel Ruggeri

> The CVE announcement should be much easier, now that we have a "Send
> these Emails" on cveprocess.a.o. This should simplify part of the
> process where we were preparing some scripts to send the announcement
> emails.
> I've been lacking time for httpd since many weeks, but I should be
> able to RM next week if needed.
> CJ
>> Also: Anyone who has a showstopper to delay a release (even if not yet
>> proposed) please add it to 2.4.x STATUS so we can get things in order.

Reply via email to