On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 3:42 AM ste...@eissing.org <ste...@eissing.org>
wrote:

> In its development, the arrival of mod_tls has caused changes in our
> server core. Not in any way related to Rust itself. But we added the
> capability to have more than one SSL/TLS provider in our server. So people
> can use whatever fits best for the parts they need it.
>
> Future improvements in this area would be done easiest, if mod_tls is a
> module in our source base next to mod_ssl. API dependencies are managed
> better if we release enhanced versions together. I see no benefit for
> anyone involved in making it a separate Apache httpd subproject. It has a
> home on github with all its infrastructure.

+1 on including mod_tls (or mod_rustls) in our tree as experimental. That
is *precisely* why we have the experimental label. Historically, the
concept of "subproject" has been ... suboptimal, to put it nicely.

The changes to the core can/should be made regardless of adoption of this
module.

Cheers,
-g