Thanks everyone for giving feedback. I summarise this as an overall positive
response.

I will start next week on bringing this over as an experimental module. Also
make
the test cases run on one of our travis instances.

Additionally, we need to clarify with ASF and ISRG if this needs some sort of
paperwork. Since the ISRG repository uses the Apache license, in my naive world
view, this should be quite an informal process. But I do not really know.

It would be great, if there is any formality here, for someone else to drive
this. I have mixed roles here as the author, contractor for ISRG and httpd
pmc member. Joe: any advice?

Kind Regards,
Stefan