That's a great point.  I've had similar discussions.

How about this:  Let's do the vote for 2.2. GA right now.  Assuming it
passes (I don't see why not considering how long it's been out), we update
2.1.7 to 2.2 on the website by Monday.

Then, next Friday (7 days) we start the vote for 2.3 GA and give it 7 more
days to settle.  Within two weeks we'll have a 2.2 and a 2.3 GA.

I agree that we should probably GA 2.2 because people are already using it,
but also because it's the last DAO release...that way we have a GA'd final
DAO.

Sound good?

Clinton