Hi all,

The vote passes with 4 binding +1s and 5 non-binding +1s, no 0 or -1.

Binding:
  Russell Spitzer
  Yufei Gu
  Steven Wu
  Ryan Blue

Non-binding:
  Xuanwo
  Maximilian Michels
  Anoop Johnson
  Vaquar Khan
  Neelesh Salian

Thanks everyone for reviewing. I'll merge #17783
<https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/17783>.

Ryan left suggestions on the PR for restructuring how the delete sections
present DVs versus the legacy representations. I'll follow up with a
separate PR for those.

Thanks,
Huaxin

On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 5:23 PM Neelesh Salian <[email protected]>
wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Thanks Huaxin.
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 11:14 huaxin gao <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to call a spec vote for forbidding new equality deletes in v4.
>>
>> In July we voted
>> <https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg14669.html> on
>> the direction: v4 writers must not write new equality deletes; readers
>> still apply existing ones from v2/v3, and upgrade stays metadata-only.
>>
>> This vote is for the spec wording that implements that:
>> https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/17783
>>
>> Please take a look and vote within 72 hours:
>>
>> [ ] +1  Add these changes to the spec
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1  I have questions and/or concerns
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Huaxin
>>
>

Reply via email to