> Got it, thanks! In this case this sounds very useful. Do we understand the
> performance impact?

I don't think we fully understand it.
It's a question of additional research and benchmarking.

So preliminary conclusions, based on common sense and my experiense of usage
Ignite in production,  are following:

1. CPU is not a bottleneck in most of Ignite use-cases.
Especially when we use it as a in-memory database.

2. TDE mostly will increase CPU usage: SSL + pages encryption/decryption.