> We still can’t accept patches that badly affects the performance of
> TcpCommuncationMetricsListener.
> So we should perform yardstick tests before the merge.

 Absolutely all metrics are on the hot path. They inevitably affect
performance and this case is the same. May be we should rollback all
metrics related changes because we don't have benchmark results&

> I can help to run yardstick benchmarks if you don’t have free servers to do
> it.

I don't need help in benchmarking. Once again, еhe current behavior is
incorrect and should be fixed regardless of performance.

Or... this functionality should be removed if performance is more
important. In case of incorrect behavior it is the best option.

My choice: correctness over performance.