Hi Andi,

Thanks for this, and the update.

To expand on your status update, right now we have two main branches of
development:
- the "maint-1.16.2" branch ... this is where I cut the 1.16.2 release from
- the "master" branch, which holds the stuff intended for the 2.0.0-M1.

Since "master" is currently unstable, I wonder if instead we should do a
force push and rename it for now, ie

git checkout master
git checkout -b dev/2.0.0-M1
git push origin dev/2.0.0-M1 -u

git reset --hard maint-1.16.2   # move local master to the current location
of maint-1.16.2
git push origin master -f          # force push
git branch -D maint-1.16.2
git push origin maint-1.16.2 --delete

Opinions?

Thx