Jukka Zitting schrieb:
Hi,

On 7/26/06, Julian Reschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.xpath.XPathQueryBuilder has a
dependency on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager, for the sole
purpose of importing to constants for namespace URIs. Would it be
possible to get rid of that dependency?

I don't see any reason not to, though it would be nice to avoid
duplicating the constants. Putting the constants to QName sounds
reasonable. Would you like to contribute a patch for that?

QName would be ok for me but may be non-optimal for other use cases. But as long as nobody complains, QName is fine.

PS. A related issue, we should perhaps update the XPath function
namespace from the draft namespace
http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions we currently use to the
official XPath 2.0 function namespace
http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions. I'm not sure if there will be
backwards compatibility implications in doing this.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't affect JCR compliance (the string doesn't appear in the spec). So that change would affect people who overwrite the internal "fn" prefix mapping? That may be a problem; not sure how big. Maybe just try it in the development branch first?

Best regards, Julian