hi alex,

> I don't want to sound as I don't appreciate this effort, but I would
> have thought that people looking into
> this direction would firstly consider the JPA annotations firstly and
> then introduce new/custom annotations for special cases (I think a
> parallel with Hibernate and its JPA support is worth it now).
Sounds fine with me.

> Moreover, when speaking about mapping solutions I would be interesting
> in the level of customization they allow
> and keeping in mind some of the JCR storage restrictions how these are
> handled (the first example that comes into my mind is a parent-child
> relationship with 10k children).
I am not sure if you are referring to the performance penalties in the
current jackrabbit implementation with a large number of direct child
nodes. I want to be clear though that JCR does not have any limitation
or performance penalty with a large number of direct child nodes.

> I do believe that this initiatives are helpful for the JCR community,
> but I would encourage people to check how much is possible to be done
> in the JPA direction.
I agree that using JPA annotations would help existing JPA
based applications... I don't think it would be too complex to use
(possibly a subset of) JPA annotations in addition.

I am convinced that the JCROM project would be happy to receive a patch
...after all it is an opensource project ;)

regards,
david