We've been using the OCM libraries with a certain amount of success. We have heavily leveraged using the spring modules for configuration and have used the repository pattern with a few base classes which handle most of the OCM specific implementations. Our domain model maps fairly cleanly into trees and nested structures, as I suspect many models would, and we have done some amount of data normalization.

Adding JPA support to the OCM code would be a nice benefit for those that have existing models, I'll grab the api docs and some sample code and take a look at how big a change it would be. At first glance we would have to provide a few implementations, but I think we have most of the pieces they just need to be assembled. I have been working on the entity factory with a second level cache, but got pulled away due to "real" work stuff ;-)

In general, I feel that having two ocm style projects for such a small group is detrimental, perhaps we could convince the jcrom folks to come over to apache?

-paddy