Hi Claude,

There is certainly interest from me.

What the best thing to do depends on various factors. By putting it in extras I presume you mean it gets added to the release? That is not the only way forward.

An important aspect of Apache is "Community over code" - will there be a community around this code? Is that community the same, or significant overlap, as the Jena community?

There are various reasons for wanting RDF over a column store - which use cases are the most important for this work?

They lead to different ways of using Cassandra. For example, Rya(incubating) uses Accumulo tables as indexes, and partial scans of the table is streaming. Other systems try to use the columns for properties, possibly more useful for LDP style than SPARQL.