(just my honest opinion)

I strongly oppose the suggested logos. I completely agree with Michael's
analysis.

The design appears to me to be quite random (regardless of the association
of streams with otters) and clashes terribly with the embedded Kafka logo
making it appear quite unprofessional. It looks like KS is trying to jump
on the cute animal band wagon against the natural resistance of
its existing style (Kafka). It also looks far too similar to the Firefox
logo.

As for the process, I think for there to be meaningful
community deliberation about a logo, there needs to be far more ideas put
forward, rather than just the two takes on the one concept.

As for any suggestion on what it should be, I'm afraid I won't be of much
help.

--

<https://www.confluent.io>

Antony Stubbs

Principal Consulting Engineer / Solutions Architect

Follow us:  Blog
<https://confluent.io/blog?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ch.email-signature_type.community_content.blog>
• Slack <https://slackpass.io/confluentcommunity> • Twitter
<https://twitter.com/ConfluentInc> • YouTube <https://youtube.com/confluent>