I just merged a PR to trunk that fixes some of the LogDirFailureTests.

I believe the issue is mostly related to the tests and not the code. Not
sure if we think it is necessary to hotfix since the change was in the
tests.
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/be6653c8bc25717e25a7db164527635a6579b4cc

Thanks for the results and the gist!

Justine