Hi,

as I'm the one with the most pain right now, I'm +1 on a pure validation
goal.
OTH I know a lot of people use the Feature generation as a starting point
to actually get going.
Especially since the "hand" writing for starters of using Karaf is
cumbersome in the beginning.
May I introduce another posibility?
Could we seperate the two concerns?
Have a validation which actually only validates but the plugin still
attaches the feature artifact to the build process so
it can be deployed.
And a second non-default generation goal, which uses all compile
dependencies to generate a new feature file which then
can also be used as attached artifact?

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member