The command metadata service API of course would need to live at felix gogo. So the plain gogo shell could also make use of it. We could then provide an extender at karaf that creates these services out of the karaf specific commands.

The problem I see with the scripts is how to add them to the karaf shell in a modular way. After all you want to just install the bundle with the command. You do not want to additionally have to install a shell script at some other place. That is where the magic location for a script file could help for the short run.

Christian