Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Member
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: ancosen1...@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Monday, February 19, 2018, 5:58:36 AM GMT+1, Jean-Baptiste Onofré
<j...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

Hi guys,

After 4.2.0.M1 & 4.2.0.M2, I think it's time to do the first 4.2.0 GA.

I have three actions on the way:

1. Upgrade to Pax Web 7 with Jetty 9.4 support. I started Pax Web/Jetty part on
a local branch. I hope to have something this week around that. It takes a
little bit of time because the Jetty API slightly changed (as usual). This point
is a blocker and 4.2.0 needs it. If you think it's worth to have a 4.2.0.M3 with
this update, please let me know.
2. Merge karaf-docker feature branch. It's something that we discussed days ago.
I updated and cleanup the code for donation. Not blocker but good to have.
3. Merge examples branch. In order to allow users to easily start with Karaf,
François and I are working on a set of examples
(https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf/tree/DEV_GUIDE/examples). The idea is to
include those examples in the Karaf distribution, linked them in the developer
guide. At the end, I would like to add itests using these examples as well,
allowing us to detect regression. Again not a blocker, but good to have. Please,
let me know what you are thinking about the examples. Some examples are in
development (take a look in the examples pom.xml for the list of examples).

Roughly, I would like to cut 4.2.0 in 2 weeks or so.

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré