On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Peter Harpending <pe...@harpending.org> wrote:
On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 08:40:45AM -0400, Stephen Michel wrote:
 >On 01/05/2016 23:07, Peter Harpending wrote:
 >> Mostly for terminal-based email readers, I think
 >
 >Thanks, I'll try to be careful about the email format now.

I'm pretty sure some email clients can send both html and text, and the client
 on the other side can choose which to display.

I would argue that it's much easier for most people to just not send HTML email
than to explain how to set this up.

Also, it occurs to me that the archives on mailman won't render HTML mail
correctly, which is yet another reason to use plain-text email.

Some clients do it automatically, I believe. (Like mine, I think). italics