Carter,

To me it’s sufficient due diligence when you’ve run the tests on your machine.

The continuous integration builds are a smoke test to flush out issues on other
environments. They sometimes show issues none of us see when building locally.

I would only consider a failing test to break the build if other committers
cannot build locally anymore.

Cheers,
Remko