One of the things I am not sure I highlighted enough is the main benefits of
the catalog. They are
Validating the data associated with an event.
Providing metadata to UIs that want to display the data.

The first may be somewhat obvious since the data is use to generate the event
interfaces, but the second isn’t obvious until you have data and want to build
an application to search and display it.

Ralph