Vladimir,

I appreciate your energy and your enthusiasm, I do, but you're going to
have to pick your battles IMO.

I would say we (not but really wearing my PMC hat) have passively agreed
that we can move toward fixing CVEs and potential CVEs in what would be a
1.2.18.

For us to get there and while we are still navigating this storm, means
that we all have to make compromises and make a smooth path for the team,
infra, users. This new repo is part of this smoother path. So, please don't
get caught up in the mechanics, I encourage you to look toward the finish
line.

Allow me to relate what I am seeing in the enterprise and with
organizations that provide professional services that might make this whole
thing moot. As much as I explain the differences between Log4j 1 and 2 and
the different issues that have occurred in both, the path is clear: People
finally understand what end-of-life is and are moving toward Log4j 2. Let's
skip the discussion of the Yossarian-like pickle for people who had already
migrated and stepped into the RCE CVE. As I am advising these various
people, some realize the 1.2 bridge will work fine, others have started
rewriting their configuration in Log4j 2 XML on their own. All of this to
say that, even though 1.2 might be safer within certain bounds, and made
safer in the future, stacks are just moving to 2.x.

HTH,
Gary