On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> Playing devils advocate....
>
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html
>
> That same page that makes it clear there will not longer be *public* (ie:
> free) "updates of Java SE 7" from oracle past that date, it also makes it
> clear that Oracle will continue to provide bug fix releases of Java7 for
> paying customers until 2019, and critical bug & security fixes until 2022.

That is bogus for an open source project. I won't have such updates,
how can i support such a java version, users that run into trouble?
And this does happen often.
I don't think i should have to pay money and become a paying customer
to Oracle to support lucene.