On 2/22/2018 9:04 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
Thanks all for contributing to the discussion. I'll write up a JIRA
before Monday and try to summarize the discussion and we can go from
there. Hmmm, a LUCENE or SOLR JIRA? Does it matter?

That's a head scratcher.  The majority of what makes the build system tick is either in Lucene or applies to both, but I think most of the noisy tests are in Solr.

In one of the emails for this thread I did see a handful of Lucene tests mentioned as failing, but they seem to be a minority.

My bias would be to make it a LUCENE issue, because what Erick is trying to accomplish affects the entire codebase.  If it's later determined that there is no real concern about Lucene, it can be moved.  But if there's strong opposition to this, I won't obect to it being in SOLR from the start.

Thanks,
Shawn