Simultaneous releases are problematic for our backward-compatibility tests,
but we do not need to wait between releases, we could start the release
process right away when 8.6.3 is out. I don't think there's any potential
for confusion. We've done this several times in the past, e.g. 7.1.0 was
released right after 7.0.1 and 8.4.0 was released right after 8.3.1.

Jason, you mentioned cutting a branch but we only do this for minor
releases. Patch versions get released from the minor branch, branch_8_6 in
this case, so we don't need to cut a branch and can proceed directly with
building a release candidate.

As branch_8_6 should be pretty stable by now I wonder if we really need to
wait one week? If we built a RC on Friday instead for instance and the
first vote is successful, we might not even need to delay our current plans
for 8.7.