We'll be going to Java 18 or 19 as a minimum for MMapDirectory using the
new Panama APIs once those stabilize, right?

We could probably benefit today some from record classes, but I'm not sure
how much of a hint those are to the runtime VM for optimizations or if it
is entirely a source code syntactic sugar thing.